Looks like this event has already ended.
Explore the events happening around you, or organize your very own event.
The response to the Haiti crisis has been overwhelming, and inspiring. Unfortunately, too few non-profits get that same response, and not enough volunteers know how to find them. We’re going to fix that.
SnapImpact is a Boulder-based community project that created the first iPhone volunteering app. All for Good is an aggregator of volunteer information. Together, we’re working to make doing good easier.
We’ve come a long way but we’ve still got miles to go and need your help.
SnapCamp: A weekend-long adventure to help improve the way non-profits communicate their needs and the way people discover and respond to them. (It’s just good, geeky, roll-up-your-sleeves fun.)
We’re building the next generation of All for Good, and we need you.
6 p.m. February 19 – 3 p.m. February 21
1375 Walnut Street, Boulder, CO 80302
Who do we want? You don’t have to be an expert to participate, as long as you’re committed to making doing good easy.
How can you help*?
- Developers: Code up a storm. No experience necessary.
- Front-end developers and designers (UI/UX and CSS): Make the site sexy and effective.
- Marketing gurus: Defy the generic with your brilliance and ideas.
- Ops execs: Help organize and scale the operation.
- Non-profits: Give us feedback in real time.
*The time you commit this weekend could be tax deductible.
Following a Friday night kick-off that’s just for fun, we’ll get down to work Saturday morning, slinging code and ideas until the sun goes down, when we’ll kick back, sleep it off, and dig back in again Sunday. Regular breaks will be provided for food, fun and games. (Tip: Come for as much time as you can.)
Friday, February 19th
6:00 pm Introductions
Saturday, February 20th
9:00 am Breakfast/Overview Sessions
An orientation to the work to be done, broken into groups:
- Developers: How will we improve the architecture?
- Marketing/PR: How can we get the application into as many hands as possible?
- Design/UI: How can we make the site look and feel good?
10:00 am Breakout Work Sessions
12:00 pm Lunch
1:00 pm Breakout Work Sessions
5:00 pm Team Reports
6:00 pm Dinner
7:00 pm Evening Sessions (TBD)
Sunday, February 21st
9:00 am Breakfast/Saturday Recap
9:30 am Breakout Work Sessions
12:00 pm Working Lunch
1:30 pm New Product Demo
2:30 pm Wrap/Report
3:00 pm Celebrate!